The Ruff Runner 1 Mile, 5K and 10K run/walk is a challenge that you complete with your dog in a location and time of your choice. Complete the distance to support a great cause, get your companion finisher medals, get added to the official national results board and become part of the Ruff Runner nation.
1) Sign up yourself and your dog for the virtual run and choose which distance (1 Mile, 5K or 10K) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your and your dog’s event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with on May 8th.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or whatever safe location you choose and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run anytime between April and June,2020.
4) Submit your results! Results are accepted anytime between April – June, 2020. Click the results tab below to learn how.
RUN FOR A CAUSE
WE’RE DONATING BACK TO LOCAL K-9 CHARITIES IN YOUR AREA
DURING REGISTRATION YOU’LL GET TO CHOOSE WHICH CHARITY YOU’D LIKE TO DONATE BACK TO
Ruff Runner of the Week
Meet Arlo from Lake Zurich, IL. Arlo is an Alaskan Malamute and an aspiring Ruff Runner who can not wait until August to earn her companion medal.
In her free time, Arlo loves to play in the mud, run around in the backyard and take naps. She plans to participate in the 5K event of Ruff Runner and will run with her human, Colin.
If you are interested in having your pooch be the Ruff Runner of the week, post a photo of your dog to Instagram and tag @allcommunityevents with the hashtag #ruffrunner. We’ll pick a new Ruff Runner each week!
Now make some noise if you’re excited to be a Ruff Runner!
Running With Your Dog 101
It’s important to do your research before participating in the Ruff Runner? Take a peek at this article to make sure you are properly prepared: Running With Your Dog 101.
We want all participants and pups to be safe and finish the Ruff Runner with a smile on their face.
Top 10 Reasons to Run a Virtual Race
Still on the fence about running a virtual race? We found a great article with the top 10 reasons to run a virtual race: What is a Virtual 5K?.
1) Great Introduction to Running
2) Up at 6AM for A Race? I don’t think so Run At Your Own Time
3) No More Fighting to Find A Parking Spot