The Ruff Runner 1 Mile, 5K and 10K run/walk is a challenge that you complete with your dog in a location and time of your choice. Complete the distance to support a great cause, get your companion finisher medals, get added to the official national results board and become part of the Ruff Runner nation.
1) Sign up yourself and your dog for the virtual run and choose which distance (1 Mile, 5K or 10K) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your and your dog’s event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or whatever safe location you choose and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run anytime between August and October, 2019.
4) Submit your results! Results are accepted anytime during August. Click the results tab below to learn how.
Meet Arlo from Lake Zurich, IL. Arlo is an Alaskan Malamute and an aspiring Ruff Runner who can not wait until August to earn her companion medal.
In her free time, Arlo loves to play in the mud, run around in the backyard and take naps. She plans to participate in the 5K event of Ruff Runner and will run with her human, Colin.
If you are interested in having your pooch be the Ruff Runner of the week, post a photo of your dog to Instagram and tag @allcommunityevents with the hashtag #ruffrunner. We’ll pick a new Ruff Runner each week!
Now make some noise if you’re excited to be a Ruff Runner!
Still on the fence about running a virtual race? We found a great article with the top 10 reasons to run a virtual race: What is a Virtual 5K?.
1) Great Introduction to Running
2) Up at 6AM for A Race? I don’t think so Run At Your Own Time
3) No More Fighting to Find A Parking Spot